Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Things

Every person has their own "thing" or two that, without it, they have trouble functioning.

Take Big Doodle for example. If he does not write, he literally gets stressed out. Grouchy, antsy, nervous even. His "thing" that he can't do without is writing.(No exaggeration)

Mama Doodle's "thing" is reading. Without a good ol' book to read before bedtime, Mama Doodle probably could not fall asleep (No exaggeration)

Little Doodle's "thing" that she can't do without is a literal item. Her cell phone. She not only would cry without her little baby, but crawl to her room and cry herself to sleep. (Maybe a little exaggeration)

Snoodle Doodle Jr. has a few "things" I suppose, but the main one is working out. If I do not work out I get anxious, cranky, moody, annoyed, you name it. I have certainly gotten better over the years I will say, mainly because I don't have as much time to work out, and my body has adjusted to it. A few years ago, I would toss and turn at night when I did not get exercise. I was in a sport all my life, and in high school my main sports were waterpolo and swimming. With sports, working out was obviously part of the job, so I would kill two birds in one stone during practice- I would get my work out in so I could ease my nerves, and I would get better at my sport. Now that I'm in college I still play a sport, but in the off season we are not allowed as many hours as we were in high school. This means every other type of exercise we wish to do, we must do on our own.(No exaggeration)

This past Thanksgiving break, although amazing in so many ways, I did not do a lick of exercise. I went five days without working out in any sort of way or form. Now, I may sound whiny and all, but this has left me with so much anxiety and jitters that is hard to explain. Thinking back on it, it was my own fault and I should have gotten off my lazy butt and done something productive.

Then again, I think sometimes we do need a break from our little "things" that we rely on so much. Yes, it is good to work out,read, or write. But it is also good to sit back and focus on other perspectives in life. Like a family who I don't get to see but every six months, and loves me so much. Or my boyfriend who was accepted and well liked by my parents who can be hard to please.

And it is nice, sometimes, and only sometimes, to not work out and instead relax. To not move for a moment and just think of all the good in life. No exaggeration.

Until Next Time,

Snoodle Doodle Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment