Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Winning

Here's another little something I should mention about myself.

I hate to lose more than I love to win.

This weekend my college team is playing in our conference championship tournament. We are seeded first and if we get first in the tournament we will get the opportunity to play in the NCAA tournament. So the pressure is on.

Lately I have been thinking about who I play for. I have devoted so much time to the sport that I play and I consider it a passion of mine. It is sadly what I know best and is second nature to me. I came to the conclusion that I play for four main groups. My family, my teammates, myself, and for God.

There are different reasons that fall into each category, but I suppose when it comes down to it, I play to win. I don’t always mean literally winning either. As confusing as it may seem, to me, winning can be little things. Like accomplishing what I wanted to do in a day, such as making a dinner that involves more than plain pasta with butter. Winning can be getting a sincere compliment from somebody unexpected. It can be learning something interesting about someone. Or it can be settling an argument and having that feeling of relief and ease.

So basically, I play to win for my parents, siblings, teammates, God etc. but not just in water polo. I want to win at everything and be a successful person, not only from a financial stand point but by my character as well, all so the people I care so much about can take some pride in me. It is an honor to play for others so I strive to make it an honor to have me as the competitor.

Regardless of what happens this weekend I am excited to play. Oh, and GREAT NEWS!...I will be seeing Mama and Papa Doodle this weekend for the first time in four months. Now that is winning :)

Until Next Time,

Snoodle Doodle Jr.




No comments:

Post a Comment