Friday, July 29, 2011

The Doodle Family

Let me introduce you to the Doodle family

 Here is Mama Doodle. She is an Elementary school teacher with an Elementary school teacher personality along with a dash of alarming bluntness. She is the type of mother who has the best advice to give her children but is not afraid to tell them the truth. For instance, she always feels the need to inform me that I am a disgusting human being for not shaving my legs often enough.



Above is Papa Doodle. He is a high school teacher with a high school teacher personality along with a handful of insanity. He lives his life like he is in a Seinfeld episode. Enough said.


Big Doodle is two years older than I am and a brilliant writer. He lacks common sense occasionally and he always keeps me laughing. He is truly the kindest person I know.


While Big Doodle is the brains of the family Little Doodle is the beauty. She is a feisty teenager with an ego bigger than the size of the state she lives in. She has been known to look at her own reflection on the back of a  spoon when putting away the dishes.

Meme and Papaw Doodle have been married for half a century. A retired doctor, Papaw Doodle was the southern breadwinner while Meme Doodle stayed at home with their four kids. He has an obsession of farming tools, welding, and random metal items that most people have never heard of. The last ranch he and Meme Doodle moved out of had so many items scattered throughout the pasture that there was more metal than grass showing. One of these items was a car carrier. Yes, you read correctly. A car carrier. He is a unique man to say the least.

Meme Doodle is a woman with the patience of a Saint. she raised four children who are all special and interesting in their own way. She had Mama Doodle, another daughter who is now a successful pharmacist, a son who is married to a beautiful woman living in the Philippines (long story), and another son who was probably the most difficult kid to raise. My favorite story Mama Doodle would tell me when I was younger about her youngest brother was the time he peed in the dishwasher. Like I mentioned before, patience of a Saint that one.



Then there is me, Snoodle Doodle Jr., a poor college student whose mouth always manages to get her into some sort of trouble.

Fortunate for me, all the Doodles are as weird as I am so I have always felt loved. Unfortunately for me, our weirdness has caused us all- mainly me- times of utter embarrassment and pure humiliation. 

I still wouldn't change a thing about them.

Until next time,

Snoodle Doodle Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment